Wednesday 11 April 2018

How did the IIT Bombay develop you as a person?

The First year at IITB: almost every student who joins CSE at IITB is a local topper. However, your ego is shattered into pieces when you compete with other local toppers and even national toppers. People here are extremely smart, not just in academics, but in everything. Yes, in IITB CSE, you will find people who are super good at sports, singing, dancing, and even juggling! The first year taught me that whatever be the case, there will always be someone who will be smarter and better than you. You need to observe such people and learn from them in order to improve yourself.
The second year at IITB: for my internship interviews for TU Braunschweig internship, I prepared a lot. The interviews were supposed to be completely non-technical. I had spent 2 continuous days in preparing for the interviews. In the end, I was able to crack them while a friend who was way smarter than me couldn’t. This taught me that hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.
The third year at IITB: during my internship at Rubrik, I realized that how much I love India. When I came back to India, I never felt more patriotic and I decided that I will stay back in India. This taught me (or rather made me realize) that I love India.
The fourth year at IITB: I actively took entrepreneurship courses and realized that they were super fun. Today, those courses have motivated me to take the path of entrepreneurship. This taught me that one should always keep looking out for new things that might change the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment