Friday 21 April 2017

Quora answer: How hard did you work to get into IITs?

  • Average 8 to 10 hours of studies a day
  • Peak 14 hours a day
  • Minimum 0 hours a day
  • No family functions during JEE preparation
  • No movies (not interested anyway)
  • No hangouts with friends (had 2 to 3 friends only)
  • Questions/study material solved:
  • The only thing that I did different was that I focused on studies
  • How to clear backlogs? Simple. Do not keep backlogs.
Note that this is not too much. This is "just enough" that one needs to do to get a top 50 rank in JEE if one is not going to Kota for JEE preparation.
Was it all worth it?
Yeah, my All India rank of 33 never hurt me. Studying at IIT Bombay never hurt me. I enjoyed studying. I enjoyed college life. I became an independent person at the end of college. My parents are proud of me. So, it was all worth it.


2 comments:

  1. Will it be good to Solomon and fryhle organic chemistry by MS Chouhan for JEE preparation

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete